As healthcare providers mobilize in their response to the COVID-19 pandemic, their data is an important guide in helping them understand where their resources are being used and what their capacity is as new patients come in.
In order to help healthcare providers as they try to gain insight into their operations and capacity, Dimensional Insight is now offering a COVID-19 analytics toolkit. Here are some of the details.
Access to the measures or KPIs hospitals need to track
In a previous blog post, I wrote about what hospitals and health systems should include on their COVID-19 dashboards. This toolkit expands on those ideas, providing measures and KPIs that providers need to track to better manage their COVID-19 patients, as well as the rest of their patient population.
The toolkit will also include a capacity management dashboard that displays these current measures in an easy to understand format. In addition, the toolkit will include the logic to implement COVID-19 specific measures based on criteria provided by the CDC. This will result in better, more informed decisions in order to improve patient outcomes.
The software and hosting for the toolkit will be complimentary to all healthcare providers, regardless of whether they are a current Dimensional Insight customer. Users will be responsible for consulting fees for implementation.
Our CEO Fred Powers says, “We are glad to share our expertise with healthcare organizations and provide this toolkit to them when it’s needed most.”
A look at an example COVID-19 dashboard
Some of the measures that the new COVID-19 toolkit will contain are related to:
- COVID-19 specific (Confirmed COVID-19 cases, Potential COVID-19 cases, COVID-19 ALOS)
- Inpatient Units (Census, Occupancy %, Admissions, Discharges, ALOS)
- Outpatient Units (Census, Occupancy %, Arrivals, Admissions, Departures, Average Hours to Depart)
- Emergency Department (Census, Occupancy %, Arrivals, Departures, Admissions, Average Minutes, LWBT)
- Critical Care (Census, Occupancy %, Arrivals, Departures, Average ICU ALOS, Off service)
- Surgery Schedule (Utilization %, Cancelled Cases, Add-On Cases, Completed Cases, Average Case Minutes)
- PACU (Census, Occupancy %, Arrivals, Departures, Average PACU LOS Minutes, Off service)
To learn more about the Dimensional Insight COVID-19 toolkit, please visit https://www.dimins.com/COVID19.
Also, check out our related blog posts:
- What You Should Include on Your COVID-19 Dashboard
- How Data Visualization Can Help During the Coronavirus Pandemic