Business Skills: Keyboarding
In today’s world, digital illiteracy is a recipe for failure. Even a job at a business that years ago required no computer skills today will at the very least call for typing skills. Many jobs have a minimum number of words per minute (WPM) that someone must be able to type before they’re even considered for the job. By not investing the time to learn to type well, you might be hurting your career prospects down the road. At the end of the day, typing skills can make or break your ability to succeed in the world of business.
Though many schools teach typing, with some even requiring a course in keyboarding or computer use before graduation, there is always room for improvement. And if your school did not teach you how to type, it’s never too late to start learning. There are many places online where you can turn to help turn yourself from a hunt-and-peck typist into a keyboarding pro! Not only will practice help you type more quickly, but it will also increase your accuracy. Right now and in college, learning to type well can help you get through writing term papers more quickly, and in the future, solid typing skills will help you get ahead at the office.
- Typing Lessons: Here are some basic lessons to begin learning how to type.
- Basic Keyboarding: These basic keyboarding lessons will help you learn to type accurately.
- Keyboarding and Typing Tips: These tips can help you make the most of your beginner lessons.
- Teach Yourself Basic Keyboarding: Looking to learn typing on your own schedule? Here’s how to do it.
- Advanced Typing Tutorial: If you’re ready for a challenge, this site can provide it.
- Typing Lessons: These lessons will take you from beginner to expert.
- Dance Mat Typing: Play the four levels of this game to improve your typing skills.
- Keyboarding Education for the College Student: Preparing for college isn’t just about hitting the books. You also need keyboarding skills.
Improving Typing Speed
- Keyboarding Games: Learning keyboarding skills doesn’t have to be boring. Here are some games to break up the monotony.
- Improving Typing Speed and Accuracy: Take a touch-typing test to improve your speed and accuracy.
- Learn to Use the Computer Keyboard: Being a lifelong learner is extremely important. If you’ve yet to pick up typing skills, here are some great tips to help you out.
- Save Time by Improving Typing Speed: One of the benefits of learning to type well is that it will help you get your school work done faster.
- Official Typing Test: Take this test repeatedly to improve your skills.
- Online Typing Speed Test: Here’s another test to raise the number of words per minute you can type.
- Test Your Typing Speed: Improving your typing speed can help you save time and even be the deciding factor in getting a job. Here’s a test to help you do just that.
- Original Typing Test: Typing tests can be the benchmarks of your skills. This test can be that benchmark for you.
- Typing and Special Needs: This article on special needs and typing provides advice and resources.
- Online Typing Training for Special-Needs People: These resources will help anyone with special needs who needs to learn typing skills.
- Typing Tutorials for People With Special Needs: Find an overview here of the options for those with special needs that can help them type.
- The Best Apps for Kids With Special Needs: This article provides information on helpful apps for kids with special needs, including some that can adapt the typing process to fit different physical ability levels.
- Power Typing: Learn to type with this powerful resource.
- Typing Tutorial: Practice your skills or learn the basics using this tutorial.
- A Start on Typing: Check out this fun typing resource to help you hone your skills.
- ARTypist: This is a great resource for learning touch-typing.
- Typing Club: Here are 100 lessons to take you from novice to touch-typing wiz.
- Typing Fanatic: These lessons will increase your accuracy and speed.
- Online Typing Tutor: Learn to type with this easy-to-use test.
- Right-Hand Typing Test: Learn how to type with speed and accuracy, one hand at a time.
- Cup-Stacking Game: Play this game to improve your typing skills.
- Typing Competition: See how you stack up with other people around the world in this fun typing game.