What's New in DivePort 7.1?
Several changes and enhancements have been made to make your experience of designing and building a portal for your DI data more efficient and enjoyable.
Assisted Analytics is a separately-licensed Measure Factory feature that identifies dimension values that are outliers when compared with their peer values. Assisted Analytics reports can help you explore values that might warrant a closer look.
Animated Charts is a feature that actively draws charts on chart portlets or stamp portlets. The duration of the animation is specified in milliseconds as a portal setting or an environment setting.
Printing settings are available on Analysis, Chart, and Measures portlets. They can be used to specify header and footer information that appears on exported Excel and pdf files.
Stacked bar and stacked column charts have a new option that displays the sum total for the bar or column.
You can now customize the filename for PDF and Excel click action export files.
PDF click actions on Measures and Marker portlets can optionally generate cascade print output.
A new Sankey diagram chart is available. See more.
Date range options are available for Measure Factory-based map portlets.
Added the ability to dive on search results in measures portlets.
You can now paste a block of cells into a table editor portlet.
Improved WCAG support.
New functionality assigns tabindex attributes to portlet divs in order to meet WCAG 2.0 requirements.
New options have been added to factory-based QuickView portlets:
You specify which QuickView value appears on the QuickView list by default
You can choose to reverse the sort order of QuickView values.
A new treemap chart is available. See more.
Individual columns in a Measures portlet can be set to Hide totals row, which has the effect of omitting the Totals label from that column.
Added functionality to update a map portlet at a set interval and to animate the map refresh.
Enabled customizable hover text for stacked column charts.
Added a built-in DIUX skin. See more.
You can color the background of a text indicator instead of coloring the text. See the Text indicator Colors settings on Indicator Portlet Options.
You can specify a maximum size for an alert indicator in indicator portlets. See the Alert indicator Shapes settings on Indicator Portlet Options.
Line, Spline, Area, Spline Area, Bar, and Stacked Bar Charts and their basic MultiTab variants have an option to display the numeric data values. Example
- When using a Measure Factory;
Measures Portlets, Matrix Portlets, and Indicator Portletshave Quarter to Date and Complete Quarter date range options.
- New QuickView portlet options allow
usersto define a customized time range for Measure Factory data. See more.
Chart portlets have an option to synchronize dimensions with measures portlets that allow dimension changing. When the user changes a dimension on the measures portlet, the change applies to the chart on the page as well. See more.
There is a new speedometer indicator. See more.
The add menu portlet wizard has the option to specify a button label and image. See more.
Measures portlets have an option to specify a constant value for text columns. See more.
Changes to Portlets
The Add Portlet > Choose a portlet type page has been updated to show a gallery of portlet types.
New chart types are available
Mosaic Chart shows a two-dimensional grid with tiles sized by a data value.
Stringline Chart shows the progression of processes through a series of checkpoints.
Trellis Chart displays a CrossPlot that is split over multiple subgraphs.
Calendar Heatmatrix shows day-to-day change of data values.
The procedure to add or edit an indicator portlet no longer depends on your license. If you have a standard license, the procedure has been updated to match the Measure Factory procedure.
Two new indicator types have been added:
A new Flex type of QuickView
gives you more flexibility when designing QuickViews. Flex QuickViewscan be collapsible like a pulldown, searchable like a combobox, multi-select like a picklist, all of the above, or none of the above.
- A Label type of QuickView is available when marker-based QuickViews are defined as label type in the marker.
- Picklist, Pulldown, and Combobox QuickViews are no longer available. They have been replaced with Flex QuickViews.
- The dialog to add or edit a QuickView portlet has been updated.
- The QuickView portlet can include more than one type of QuickView. Previously, you had to create a separate QuickView portlet for different QuickView types.
The Measures portlet combines all features of the 7.0 Diver and Measures portlets as implemented for Measure Factory licenses.
All 7.0 Measures and Diver portlets will be migrated to the 7.1 Measures portlet.
Scroll wheel support has been added for both vertical and horizontal scrolling.
- The procedure to add or edit a Measures portlet has been updated.
- Multiple dimension and text columns can be added at the same time.
- Sort options have been moved to a new Sorting dialog box under More Settings.
- Diving options, including Allow Dimension Changing are located on a new Diving dialog box under More Settings.
The new Stamp portlets allow you to quickly generate predefined dashboards using Measure Factory data.
Changes to the Portal
A Share option has been added to the toolbar. This feature creates a URL that can be used to restore the state of the current page.
- The Default skin has been updated with more consistent and vibrant colors. The default skin that was defined for version 7.0 is available as the skin option named 7.0 Default.
- The Self Service option for Measure Factory allows users to manage, add, edit, delete, and populate stamp portlets.
Portal database format has changed (a portal edited in version 7.1 cannot be opened in DivePort 7.0).
- Diver portlet—No longer available. However, diving is now possible in the measures portlet and preexisting diver portlets will be migrated to measures portlets.
Dump portlet—No longer available.
- Reporter portlet—No longer available.
- Legacy Matrix portlet—No longer available.
Videos in Help
How To videos have been added to this Help system.
See also What Was New in DivePort 7.0?