Do you know where to look to improve quality while maintaining cost-containment goals? Furthermore, can you save time and resources while complying with the Joint Commission’s Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation (OPPE) requirements? Physician Performance Advisor, powered by the award-winning Diver Platform™, can help. This clinical data management software provides a consolidated view of physician performance. It also enables you to achieve compliance, improve practice patterns, and motivate physicians to excel.
Physician Performance Advisor leverages Dimensional Insight’s Diver Platform™—winner of Best in KLAS Business Intelligence.
Physician Performance Advisor™ does more than just make it easier for you meet Joint Commission reporting requirements:
- Display relevant metrics and benchmarks in concise dashboards to rapidly detect performance issues
- Link to data beneath individual physician and organizational performance
- Facilitate re-credentialing with physician-specific views
- Filter data by care setting, visit type, and relationship to patient to ensure objectivity during physician reviews to better motivate improvements
Physician Performance Advisor enables hospitals to continuously monitor physician performance with 360-degree assessments of physician activity across multiple care settings and performance criteria.
Clinical Data Analytics in One Application
First of all, Physician Performance Advisor pulls all of your key performance indicators into a single application. This means that your administrators and physicians both use the same single application for evaluations. As a result, everyone can “dive down” into patient data and benchmarks to identify areas for improvement. As a result, this environment improves decision making consensus.
Paths to Performance Improvement in Healthcare
In addition to providing a single application, Physician Performance Advisor allows you to provide physicians with self-service access to in-depth performance data. This means physicians can benchmark themselves against their peers. Since physicians see data firsthand, they better understand how their practice patterns impact quality and cost-containment goals. Finally, leadership is able to engage physicians in evidence-based discussions.
Clinical Quality Measures and Compliance
Physician Performance Advisor transforms a cumbersome, paper-based compliance process into a streamlined, electronic process. You, too, can save time, money, and resources when it comes to complying with the Joint Commission’s OPPE requirements. Use Physician Performance Advisor to monitor and manage physician performance with 360-degree assessments of activity across multiple care settings and performance criteria.
Capture More Improvement Opportunities
Physician Performance Advisor provides hospital managers with the ability to identify specific opportunities for improvement at the physician, practice, specialty, facility, and organization level.
- Compare individual physicians to standard benchmarks, as well as peers within their practice, specialty, and facility
- Spot outliers responsible for a disproportionate impact on organizational performance
- Detect patterns across the organization that reveal best practices
- Understand how physician practice patterns affect overall hospital performance
- Focus efforts on improvements that most impact outcomes, meet cost containment goals, and increase revenues
Achieve Compliance with Less Time and Effort
Physician Performance Advisor compresses the time and effort required to meet The Joint Commission’s requirements for Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation (OPPE). One hospital system saved over $200,000 and 1,200 man-hours of labor on Joint Commission reporting with Physician Performance Advisor.
Streamline Access to Data through Powerful Data Integration
Data from existing clinical repositories and operational and financial systems is automatically consolidated with custom and preferred third-party benchmark data to provide up-to-date information when it’s needed.
- Encounter-based data can be updated daily or weekly—providing physicians access to assessments based on their most recent cases.
- Periodic data, such as patient satisfaction surveys, can be updated at appropriate intervals.
Motivate Performance Improvements
Motivating physicians to change behaviors requires that physicians trust the data used in their reviews. Physician Performance Advisor enables the physician executive and physician to collaboratively review recent cases and dive from summary metrics to underlying details— down to the patient encounter level. The ability to filter by patient relationship—e.g., look only at attending physician roles—promotes constructive dialogue. And specific cases can be easily excluded, where warranted.