When opening the DiveTab client for the first time, you need to enter a server, username, and password.
Depending on how you installed the DiveTab application, to open it you:
- Double-click the DiveTab icon on the desktop.
- Click the Start menu, and click the DiveTab icon.
- Click the Start menu, search for DiveTab in the Windows search box, and click the DiveTab application in the results.
The DiveTab application opens and displays the login page.
- In the Server box, enter the URL of the DiveTab project. If the server does not show in the pull-down list, type the full URL, including the port number where necessary.
- Do one of the following based on the login process:
- User and Password: Enter your username in the first box, your password in the second box, and your DiveTab project's URL in the Server box.
- OpenID Connect: Select Login. You are redirected via a browser to the site where you enter your username and password.
- User: Select Login. If redirected via a browser, enter your username and password on the site. If an error returns, return to the DiveTab application to enter your user name and password.
NOTE: OpenID Connect and User login methods are available in DiveTab 7.1(24). A site using the User login process has some users that use OpenID Connect and some that use User and Password.
NOTE: First access triggers synchronization automatically. On subsequent visits, click the Sync button on the lower left to apply recent application updates and refresh cached data.