After logging into the DiveTab site, the main menu, or landing page, displays.
Here is an example of a main menu page.
If there are more buttons than can be displayed on the screen, you can swipe left or right to view the other screens. The presence of more than one screen shows up as dots in the center of the page, below the buttons. The number of dots indicates the number of screens, and the darker shaded dot indicates which screen is currently being viewed.
The main menu page usually contains a series of buttons. Each button can lead to submenu and content pages, of which there are
- Menu Pages
- Data Pages
- DivePort Pages
- Document Pages
- Export Pages
- Web Pages
Here is an example of a data page.
NOTE: The Menu button returns to the main menu page. If you have navigated more than one level, you see a Back button (with the previous page name) to go back one level.
In the gray bar along the top of the page, there are three or four buttons: Menu, the back button (if present), Options, and Output.
- Options gives options to bookmark data pages, edit dimensions for ad hoc pages, and save subsets.
- Output provides ways to share the data, either as a pdf file or an Excel spreadsheet.
In the black bar along the bottom of the page, there are several buttons and indicators: Sections, the Sync button, the time of the last sync, the number of items, the host name, and the Settings button.
- Sections opens a list of various data pages to choose from.
You can also configure it from the Settings to show metadata.
- Sync allows the DiveTab client on your device access to the data on the server, keeping DiveTab synchronized.
- Last Sync information indicates when the most recent synchronization was performed.
- The number of items indicates the number of items, or buttons, on the main menu. For tabular pages, repositories, and export pages, it displays the number of data rows.
The host name is the location of the host server site for the DiveTab project.
If the host name is too long, the name is truncated using an ellipses. For example, divetab.dimins.com/distributor-dev becomes divetab.dimins.../distributor-dev.
- If multiple hosts are allowed in the DiveTab settings, tap the hostname to see the full name under a list of Recent Hosts.
- If multiple hosts are not allowed, tap the hostname to temporarily view the current user name.
- Settings allows you to change the text size.