Job Opening: Business Intelligence Consultant
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Consultant to join our InterReport, Software as a Service (SaaS) team at our office in Mission Valley. This is a great career opportunity for a highly motivated and business-minded college graduate with a strong interest in and aptitude for technology and who enjoys working with clients.
Successful applicants will be detail-oriented and have a high comfort level with technology, familiar with and/or comfortable with learning a scripting language similar to PERL, and familiar with data structures, and with relational databases. The focus of this role is to help customer organizations leverage this product family from pre-sales through deployment to post-implementation support. To be successful, candidates must be programming oriented, have strong communication and data skills, and show customer presence.
Key Areas of Results:
- Capability and aptitude in scripting or programming skills to create solutions for a variety of business problems. This role includes programming in DI’s own proprietary language, report generation (using a client tool), and user support.
- Ability to communicate with both technical and functional stakeholders within a variety of organizations.
- Ability to understand business needs, gather business requirements, and create an effective solution.
- Ability to visualize data relationships to design structures and to analyze data variances. A can-do, self-starter who welcomes working with external customers and an innate desire to learn new information.
- Ability to develop creative, flexible solutions, based on the business requirements.
- Motivated by customer satisfaction and the execution of results.
- A technical background with a strong desire to learn new skills and technologies.
- Must have knowledge of at least one programming language.
- Must be able to work within a Windows and Linux environment.
- Prefer knowledge or past experience working with a scripting language, such as Perl, SAS or an ETL tool.
- Working knowledge of relational databases and data feeds and data relationships desirable.
- Some business background is good, understanding of general business processes and ERP systems.
- The consultant will use the DI products to create a reporting and analysis environment intended to meet specific customer requirements.
- The consultant will write Integrator scripts, build models, QA data and create reports.
- The consultant will provide ongoing customer support, for user questions or data issues.
Successful candidates will possess:
BS in Computer Science, Math, Business, or Economics, preferably a dual or combination degree which includes some technical courses.
- Some familiarity and/or experience in MIS, Business Intelligence or Business Reporting environment is a plus.
- Entry level, junior positions are available.
- Approximately 10% US travel required.
- Must be articulate, self motivated and have a professional customer service/support demeanor.
- Must possess excellent customer interfacing, verbal and written communication skills.
To apply, please email resume to: email@example.com