HIMSS20 is just two short weeks away, with nearly 45,000 people expected to descend on Orlando’s Orange County Convention Center to learn about the latest in healthcare information technology.
We are busy prepping for the show here at Dimensional Insight (we’ll be in booth #5259). Here are a few things we are looking forward to at the show.
Celebrating our Best in KLAS win
This year, Dimensional Insight was ranked #1 in the Best in KLAS report for healthcare business intelligence/analytics for the 7th time in the 10 years that KLAS has offered the award in this category.
Here’s how we’ll be celebrating the win:
- On the Monday night before the HIMSS show floor opens, we’ll be receiving the Best in KLAS award along with companies that won in other categories. This is always a fun time for us and a great way to kick off the HIMSS20 week!
- On Tuesday when the HIMSS show floor opens, Jamie Clark (chief engineer of our healthcare technology) and I will be offering a series of presentations at our booth on what makes us Best in KLAS. Come learn about our customer successes, the six pillars that KLAS measures software companies on, and how our technology supports our success in the KLAS surveys. (You can also munch on free popcorn while you listen and enter a raffle for great prizes!)
Leveraging SDOH information in analytics
One topic that’s been gaining more visibility each year is the potential for leveraging information on the social determinants of health (SDOH) within strategies for improving population health. The impact of SDOH is said to account for 80% of the impact on health outcomes, while the information collected in traditional healthcare settings accounts for only 20%.
However, information on SDOH hasn’t typically been easy to come by. In our research at Dimensional Insight, though, we’ve discovered some intriguing opportunities for incorporating readily available SDOH information into patient level population datasets. If you’d like to hear more, stop by our booth (again, #5259) or request a meeting time in advance to speak to George Dealy, our VP of Healthcare Solutions.
Hot topics at HIMSS20
There are more than 350 educational sessions to attend at HIMSS20 on a wide variety of topics. In addition to population health and social determinants of health, some other topics that are of high interest include artificial intelligence/machine learning and interoperability. Now that most hospitals have implemented electronic health records (EHRs) and other technology, the focus is really on how that translates to making an impact on patient care.
Follow us at HIMSS20
Please also feel free to stop by our booth to say hi or book an executive presentation ahead of time.
See you at HIMSS20!
- Why Diversity Matters in Decision-Making - February 15, 2022
- 3 Takeaways from KLAS Research’s “Data and Analytics Platforms 2021” Report - October 12, 2021
- 4 Ways to Use the Wisdom of Crowds BI Market Study in Your Buying Research - June 10, 2021