Hospitals & Health Networks (H&HN) magazine recently announced its 19th annual Most Wired survey honorees, and I’m happy to report that several of our customers made the list! Congratulations to our 20 healthcare customers that were honored.
The annual Most Wired survey measures the level of IT adoption within hospitals and health systems. In addition to providing a list of hospitals and health systems that meet the criteria, H&HN also provides some interesting data with the survey. Here are a couple of points that stood out.
Most Wired organizations are making the most of data & analytics
The survey queried hospitals and health systems about their use of various types of technology, including analytics. The results: Most Wired organizations are using analytics significantly more than other hospitals are in order to gain insights and drive improved outcomes. For example:
- 82% of Most Wired organizations are using analytics tools for clinical and administrative data, compared to 67% of all organizations surveyed.
- 74% of Most Wired hospitals use predictive modeling and data for decision-making across departments, compared to 60% of all hospitals.
Most Wired hospitals are tackling population health and value-based care
The survey also revealed that Most Wired organizations are starting to make strides in using analytics for areas such as population health and value-based care. However, there is room for significant growth in analytics use for these types of initiatives.
- 69% of Most Wired organizations interface their EHR data with population health tools, compared to 60% of all organizations surveyed.
- 51% of Most Wired hospitals use analytics to measure value-based care, compared to 40% of all hospitals.
- 32% of Most Wired hospitals support real-time patient identification and tracking for value-based care, as opposed to 28% of others.
Advanced hospitals go even further in technological advancement
The Most Wired Advanced hospitals go above and beyond in how they use technology. These organizations have stronger security systems and faster disaster recovery. They also use business intelligence and analytics to improve business processes, clinical quality, and patient safety. Congratulations to our customers Baptist Health South Florida and UnityPoint Health for making the Most Wired Advanced list.
Dimensional Insight Most Wired customers
Hats off to these hospitals and health systems that made the Most Wired list! We at Dimensional Insight are proud to support you in how you are using technology to make better decisions and improve patient outcomes. You can click on the links of some of our Most Wired customers below to read about how they are using Dimensional Insight to gain insight in their organizations.
- Baptist Health South Florida
- Canton-Potsdam Hospital
- Capitol Region Medical Center
- Centura Health
- Covenant HealthCare
- Ephraim McDowell Health
- Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital
- Lakeland Health
- Main Line Health
- Marion General Hospital
- Mount Sinai Health System
- Munson Healthcare
- North Cypress Medical Center
- Saint Luke’s Health System
- Sarasota Memorial Hospital
- Saratoga Hospital
- UnityPoint Health
- Western Maryland Health System