We have some great news to share, which couldn’t be possible without the support of our customers. This is perfect timing since we are heading into our users conference (#DIUC15) this week!
Dresner Advisory Services recently released the 2015 Wisdom of Crowds® Business Intelligence Market Study. This is one of the top business intelligence reports published each year – notable for both the breadth of the users it surveys (1,495 BI users spread throughout industries such as technology, financial services, healthcare, education, and much more) and for the user-centric nature of the study, focusing on the benefits users are deriving from their BI implementations.
For the second year in a row, Dimensional Insight ranked at the very top of the list – not only in our category (Specialized BI vendors), but also among all the 24 vendors included in the survey. This is a tremendous validation of our customer-centric focus on ensuring that our users are able to derive intelligence from their incredibly complex data.
Here are a few highlights from the report:
- We received an overall score of 4.61 out of 5.
- Our top scores were in the categories of “Integrity” (4.83) and “Recommend” (4.80).
- Our scores for sales, support, and integrity all improved from our 2014 scores.
BI market data
In addition to the vendor rankings, the report also includes lots of BI market data and what users find important. I noted a few interesting pieces of info while combing through the report:
- Successful organizations have a broader mix of influential roles driving BI than do less successful organizations. This shows that BI needs to have wide support and usage to really make an impact in an organization.
- Similarly, BI penetration is strongly correlated with BI success.
- User trust associated with the underlying data has actually decreased vs. 2014 survey results. This demonstrates the need for data governance to ensure there is a “single version of the truth” before data is analyzed.
New quadrant models
Also, new this year, Dresner Advisory Services added two quadrant models to the Wisdom of Crowds report to help companies better understand the business intelligence market. In a subsequent blog post, we’ll have lots to say about the importance of customer experience and buyer value, which are measured in these quadrants. In the meantime, here are a couple of highlights about our performance in these models:
- We were the top-ranked vendor in the “Customer Experience Model”: This measured the real-world experience of customers working with BI products on a daily basis. It plotted “Sales and Service” experience vs. customer sentiment on “Product/Technology” to determine rankings.
- We also ranked very high in the “Credibility Leaders” quadrant in the “Vendor Credibility Model”: This model measured how customers feel about their BI vendor. It plotted customer confidence vs. the perceived value for price paid. We received the highest “Value” rating of all vendors.
See for yourself
Download the 2015 Wisdom of Crowds BI Market Study. As always, thanks to our customers for continuing to rate us so highly. Our company is built around customer success, and this achievement is a reflection of that commitment.
Latest posts by Kathy Sucich (see all)
- How a Growth Mindset Can Help You in Analytics - October 4, 2018
- How Curiosity Can Improve Decision-Making - September 13, 2018
- 3 Takeaways from the KLAS Healthcare Business Intelligence 2018 Report - September 11, 2018