Another example of how a simple Gap Analysis BI application can help you solve common business challenges.
Imagine this common scenario… Your “gut” tells you sales are up for your sales team, but you are behind on your revenue target. Let’s look at how, with the right tool, you can perform a 2-minute analysis to see where the problem lies.
- First, let’s look at the numbers for your biggest region.
- All the sales reps in that region look like they are lagging. Let’s check the product mix to see if there are any problems.
- Several product categories are down from last year, but the numbers for Draught Kegs are alarming because they are the most important revenue driver.
- With a few clicks you can see that 3 products account for the majority of the drop in sales.
- Now you can craft a “get well” plan, reaching out to customers who have dropped off and promoting the products that are under-performing.
- Gap Analysis Demo: Investigating a Sales Revenue Shortfall - October 3, 2013
- Gap Analysis Demo: Determining the Most Profitable Product - September 27, 2013